Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide (NB Sic)
Wear Protection Products
Calyco are mining and related industry Silicon Carbide Suppliers of Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide SiC that provides superior wear, abrasion and shock resistance.
Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide is made by firing mixtures of high purity silicon carbide and silicon or a mineral additive in a nitrogen atmosphere at high temperature. Nitride Bonded SiC resists wear and provides excellent abrasion and thermal shock resistance for mining and industry equipment.
Cast NB Sic has excellent shape capabilities and can be easily cast into complex shapes with a high level of accuracy and a quality surface finish. Casting methods allow duplication of metal castings exactly.
Calyco Mining, Quarry and Industrial Equipment Supplies Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide used is used for cyclone liners, slurry pump, coal burner, exhaust and pulveriser parts as well as other corrosion resistant components found at mining and other industrial facilities throughout New Zealand.
Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide Bricks
- Exploiting the material's excellent stability and mechanical strength, nitride bonded silicon carbide bricks are used in a range of process furnaces and kilns such as the sidewalls of aluminium melting pots, the lower stack of blast furnaces, and as kiln furniture.
Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide for Cast Refractories
- Nitrogen bonded silicon carbide is commonly found as a cast refractory for use under severe service conditions in place of alloys or other refractory materials.
• Cyclone liners used in processing minerals and coal and in the chemical and paper industries.
• Slurry pump parts for mineral processing and specialty chemical industries. Component lives are increased by between two and twenty times compared with metal and elastomeric materials.
• Coal burner, exhaust and pulveriser parts for use in the power generation industry.
• Corrosion resistant components for chemical plants.
• Pump components, piping liners, valve liners, spigots and nozzles.
• Non-ferrous metals processing equipment, copper, zinc and aluminium are routinely handled with cast components.
• Kiln furniture with increased life and stability.
Cast nitride bonded silicon carbide has excellent wear properties with sliding abrasion at low angle impingement and slurries. Cast NB Sic often out performs rubber and hard metallic liners by factors ranging from 3:1 to 25:1, depending on application conditions.
Thermal Shock Resistance:
Very good shock resistance is attributed to Cast NB Sic high temperature strength, low thermal expansion and high thermal conductivity.
Nitride Bonded SiC Typical Physical Properties:
|Maximum use temperature||Celsius||1450|
|Bulk density||g/cm^3||2.75 -2.85|
|Porosity||%||≤ 13 %|
|Modulus of rupture @ 20°c||MPa||170-180|
|Modulus of rupture @ 1200°c||MPa||180|
|Modulus of rupture @ 1350°c||Mpa||190|
|Thermal conductivity @ 1200°c||W/m.k||19.6|
|Thermal expansion resistance @ 1200°c||Excellent|
Nitride Bonded SiC Typical Analysis:
Our mining, quarry and oil & gas equipment supplies business is focused primarily on Wear Protection. We manufacture and supply our industrial and mining clients with superior wear, corrosion and shock resistance solutions, combining sourcing, installation and technical advice and other related wear protection services and you're sure to experience complete customer satisfaction.
Calyco is taking a leadership position in the area of environmental protection and Occupational Health and Safety. Our Mining, Quarry and Industrial Equipment Supplies Company in New Zealand is justifiably proud of our record for professional service and encourages you to consider buying Sintered Silicon Carbide from us!
Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide Suppliers of Nitride Bonded SiC for Wear Protection - Calyco Mining, Quarry and Industrial Equipment Supplies.